Children with autistic spectrum disorder are special children with amazing gifts. They have special abilities that other kids do not but at the same time they have numerous challenges that parents attend to.
In addition to needing educational programs such as Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA), Communication therapies, they need additional and customize nutritional supplements and meals to improve their biological functions.
The biomedical approach to Autism is lacking around the world. It is a crucial part to balance the biological development of these special children through natural medicines such as vitamin, minerals, herbs, and much more.
Many autism children have similar challenges that need naturopathic medical treatment such as.
- Constipation or Diarrhea
- Chronic Intestinal Inflammation
- Nutrition Absorption Issues
- Imbalance of Yeast and Bacteria
- Chronic Eczema
- Poor Immune System
- Nutrient Deficiencies
- Food Sensitivities such as Gluten , Soy & Dairy
- Environmental toxicities such as Heavy Metal Toxicities
Generally speaking, by enhancing their individualized nutritional needs these children can improve in many areas such as in speech, behavior and social skills. Its remarkable how their body will respond when we feed them the right nutrients and also address their immediate problem such as constipation or infections naturally. Their developments are so complex and addressing all their health issues does takes time but it’s rewarding to see the improvements.
A few lab test will be beneficial for understanding the metabolism and current metabolic function of the child.
Metabolic Analysis Profile Test (Urine) by Genova Diagnostic
Heavy Metal Test (Urine) by Rocky Mountain Lab
Oxidative Stress Analysis (Blood) by Genova Diagnostic
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (Stool) by Genova Diagnostic
- The role of nutraceuticals in the management of autism. Alanazi AS. Saudi Pharm J. 2013 Jul;21(3):233-243. Epub 2012 Oct 23.
- Involvement of Dietary Bioactive Proteins and Peptides in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Siniscalco D, Antonucci N. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2013 Oct 4
- nvestigation on a group of autistic children: risk factors and medical social considerations Troili GM, Businaro R, Massoni F, Ricci L, Petrone L, Ricci P, Ricci S. Clin Ter. 2013;164(4):e273-8. doi: 10.7417/CT.2013.1587.
- Epigenetic findings in autism: new perspectives for therapy.Siniscalco D, Cirillo A, Bradstreet JJ, Antonucci N. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013 Sep 11;10(9):4261-73. doi: 10.3390/ijerph10094261.
- Relationship between vitamin D and autism spectrum disorder Duan XY, Jia FY, Jiang HY. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2013 Aug;15(8):698-702.
- Autism as a disorder of deficiency of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and altered metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Das UN. Nutrition. 2013 Oct;29(10):1175-85. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2013.01.012. Epub 2013 Jul 30.